Monday, March 10, 2008

EEWWWWW!!!!

Ok, let me just give you a brief overview before I tell you the latest in the Saga of Caleb. He is two and a half and every bit of the terrible two's. Out of all three of my kids, I must say he is the one who puts me on the verge of insanity with the things he finds to get into or the crazy things he's done. From putting mascara all over his mouth and inside his mouth, to emptying an entire bottle of Tylenol on the floor in a matter of three minutes mind you!

When he was one, I thought he'd swallowed the tip of his nose sucker. At age 1 and a half he stuck his hand on the burner I'd just turned off and prior to this he'd touched a pan we think and had a blister on the crease of his middle finger the size of a dime. We didn't know he'd burned it until after dinner and we were washing his hands, he didn't cry or make a noise of any sort until then and even at that moment all he did was say "hot". That became his word for all "owies". He then proceeded to stick his hand in the middle of a red ant pile not long after that, and was bitten at least fifteen times and all he did was "uh uh", as he walked up to me with his hand outstretched.

He is the child that when he gets a bug bite, it swells to the size of a golf ball. If we are lucky, he won't scratch it and make a scab, once a scab has formed we have to cover it or he'll continue to pick at it until it leaves a scar. He has several on his legs and one on his hand we thought would never heal. If that all was not bad enough, he's gotten this fascination lately of inserting objects of ALL kinds into his ears, and his nose "ahhhhhh". LOL Today's latest adventure, I must say, is one that would have been really funny I'm sure had it not been for the fact that I thought he might have to go back to the doctor because of it! I was putting him in his seat and noticed an obstruction in his nose, thinking it was a booger I told him to blow. On closer inspection it was green, blue green, I thought paper?? NOPE...GUM!!! LOL

I tried to get it out with a kleenex and my finger, I know...eww gross, but a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do. To no evail, it was just breaking off into little snotty globs of goo. Finally, with the help of a flashlight and some tweezers, Walah!! Wow...sometimes I am truly amazed at the countless things kids do and say, each one has some memorable moment all their own. Mom's know and anyone who's watched kids, you've had a taste of it I'm sure!!!! Gotta Love Em!

0 comments: