Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dear Friend.....

Friends come and go in our lives
Many long forgotten as years keep passing by
Few remain within our hearts and in our minds
But a chosen few withstand the tests of time
There are those that come to mind now and again
Briefly touching our thoughts, unknowingly we grin
Some only thought of at special times
When life triggers a memory long forgotten in your mind
All hold a place in your heart
Some who hurt you deeply
Still bring tears to your eyes
Others who made you laugh
til you thought that you would die
Of all the ones I've met along the way
Some I gladly called a friend
A select few became more like sisters in the end
Because we shared a special bond
An unseen link that brought us together
Even though the miles might be many
Friendships can still stay strong
Sometimes these friends they slip away
As we meet new friends every single day
But they don't slip away from our heart
Because in our lives they played an intricate part
Dear Friend
Even though you may have come and gone
A place in my heart for you, lingers on
Written by Michelle Naylor
Oct. 7th 2008
Dedicated to all my sisters and friends that have changed my life and in part made me who I am today..my love and thanks to you

0 comments: