Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Whoops! It's been awhile.....


I was hoping to keep up with this thing, but as usual, time got away from me. Quite allot has happened since I last posted on here. I am now officially a "Grandma"?!? That word still sounds peculiar, because in no way do I feel like a grandma. Here I am almost forty with my youngest still potty training, and now he's an uncle...? That is almost too funny to say out loud. I am hoping to post some pictures of my grandson, but for now I must wait for his mommy to put some out there first. Not a problem, he is her little one and she should have the opportunity to show him off before anyone else :).

Never thought I'd say this, but if it weren't for Hurricane Ike, I would probably still be waiting to see my firstborn and my firstborn grand baby. They were without power for over a week, so my second daughter played hookie and she and I went on a short road trip. We spent the whole day, ooing and aaahing over the baby. My second daughter was just mesmerised by her nephew, although I don't think being an aunt has really sunk in. We had lunch and talked, went shopping at Wal Mart, that was sort of strange, but nice too. Never imagined myself shopping with my first daughter, her son and Mother and my second daughter....very indescribable. On the way back to the house, we picked up dinner and spent another two hours talking and taking pictures. I didn't want to leave, but life goes on and the kids go to school and chores to be tended to. It was a beautiful, amazing and wonderful day that will forever be etched in my memory. It will be added to the four days I spent with my first daughter in the hospital, and our first face to face reunion in 22 yrs. They however, do not to outweigh those memories that I have of my three youngest children's special moments.

One of those moments happened just this past Sunday, when my second daughter and I were baptised together in front of our church. She and I were both terrified, but doing it together was not only special, but we were a support system for each other. I had been thinking about it for some time, but when my daughter decided that she was ready too, I told her I would do it with her because she was so scared to do it alone. Words cannot begin to describe the roller coaster of emotions I was feeling that day. My family and my husbands family were there, my sisters boyfriend video taped it and took pictures as well...I cannot wait to watch it. I enjoy attending church and am more involved than I ever thought I would be. It brings me much joy to watch my children having fun and making new friends, all in a safe environment. Not to mention, the biggest plus of all, we get to do it together.

What an amazing year this has been so far.........

0 comments: