Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What are Parents teaching kids these days???!!!

I am shocked and appalled everyday by the way kids behave, not only with other kids, but with adults. The lack of respect and the downright belligerent way they speak to other adults is really dis heartening. My daughter is in middle school now and she hates the kids that go there, well most of them, that is. She always tells me stories of how the whole class is punished because of the kids that are constantly causing disruptions in the class. This year she is in Theatre Arts and she tried to sell tickets for a show they were putting on, and many responses she got were..."I'm not gonna buy tickets from a white girl...". I mean...WTF????

Then we have the kids that are constantly walking past my house cursing and acting like a bunch of wild buffoons. They walk in front of and behind my house and I don't even want to let my kids out(the littlest especially), because of the things that come out of these kids mouths. I know that I was no angel when I was a teen mind you. But I knew that if I disrespected another adult, there would be "hell to pay". My mother would make me regret my actions and I can tell you in all honesty, the other kids on my street knew my mom meant business as well. Not one of them spoke to my mom without a "Yes Ma'am...No Ma'am" in the sentence somewhere. When my mom meant business, no one was immune to her wrath. She never hit any of my friends...LOL...but she just had that tone and that look that made you scared to death of what she might do.

Now I'm not going to say I'm in favor of beating kids, but I am not against a few swats on the behind when they need it. I got plenty when I was growing up and I'm not "damaged" because of it...if anything, I think it did me allot of good. I believe that kids need that now a days... more than ever!!! This "time out" and "disciplining with love and logic", just doesn't cut it with some kids. Yes, it might work for a few, but there are those that need a red bottom or if my mom had her way...a good slap upside their foul mouths every now and again.

My daughter plays soccer and it's still shocking to me when I hear what parents yell to the kids that are playing. Some examples are..."see we didn't even practice and we still beat you", or "get that girl with the brace, she's not that good anyway"...OR, better yet, "knock her down, shove her out of the way, TRIP HER!!!". These are the PARENTS saying these things!!!!! And the kids are not much better, last night they tied a team 0/0 and the girls are suppose to go to each side of the opposing team as well as slap hands(kinda like a high five) and congradulate each other. Half the girls refused and then the goalie for the other team had the audacity to tell our girls that they "sucked" anyway. GRRRRRRR......

I'm sorry, but it just thoroughly pisses me off, when I see parents that just don't give a shit how their kids behave...it's sad and scary to think that these will one day be grown ups passing this behavior on to other kids. Voting for our presidents and leaders in our communities. Scarier still, they are most likely the "road rage" that you will see on the news and they could even be teaching YOUR kids kids one day!!!

Just something to ponder.....

0 comments: